Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Very Cold Day in DC


It is a very cold here in Washington DC today, picture here is our out door fire pit, can't even tell what it is from this picture. We are having our 2nd blizzard today which gives me the chance to make Chili. It is actually my husband's recipe but I wanted to share it because it is so yummy!
1 pound of lean meat (I am using hamburger because it is what I already have)
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 cup of onions
1 can kidney beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of chili starter beans
Fry meat drain add everything in the crock pot for 3 hours.
If you want to get really frugal you can use dry beans but honestly that takes a lot of time, and everything for this meal the way I cook it cost about 3.50 and it feeds a family of 4 with one teenager and another child I can't keep full.

No comments:

Post a Comment