Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cutting Back and Not Realizing It

Cutting back is hard to do when you notice cutting back. But what if there were ways you could cut back without even realizing.

There are simple ways to cut back on items you use everyday without feeling like you don't have enough. I am not going to tell you the simple ones everyone knows and to be honest I am not sure how well the noticable ideas work.

Well, this is how I look at it...

The idea of cutting back doesn't mean you have to never eat meat again or you must bake everything including bread. Cutting back can also mean on time while cooking. Lets say you have had a long and tiring day and the last thing you want to do is to cook dinner. Well, in my house there is always option 2. It could be a quick home-made pizza ready in 20 minutes or it could be and yes I am saying it chicken strips and tater tots. Even with an expensive ready done dinner is still 75% cheaper than eating out.

Breaking up by price:
home-made Pizza cost me to make 2 about 3.00
Chicken strips and tator tots still only cost about 4.50

Either way I go, I am saving over 20 dollars because I am not going thru the drive thru at some fast food place and getting a heart attack in a bag. I will add recipes for some of my fast and frugal dinners here on my blog in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait for the pizza recipe and see what others you are going to add. When my daughter gets home from college and tutoring students, she orders take out 99% of the time since she have plenty of homework and no time to cook.

    I have 2 types of arthritis (plus other ailments) so if there is something that I can make without going through a lot of pain would also be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete